No one would be able to tell you what is the best vacuum cleaner on the market. There are many factors that contribute to a great vacuum cleaner such as the power of the motor, the efficiency of the filter and many things else. However, the most important thing is how well it suits your household and your needs.
In case you are looking for a vacuum cleaner to use in your house or your shop, you will have a wide selection to choose from. Let’s explore about the most common types of vacuum cleaners as well as their features.
Here are the most common types of vacuum cleaners:
1. Residential Vacuum Cleaner
- Thanks to recent development of technologies and innovation, you would be able to access to a huge range of residential vacuum cleaner with an affordable price.
- Normally, a residential vacuum cleaner has a price ranging from 50 dollars to 400 dollars. A high quality residential vacuum cleaner along with proper care and maintenance would allow you to use for up to 6 or 7 years.
- As the name says it all, the residential vacuum cleaner come with a small and compact size, which makes it easier for you to store and use it at home. The motor and power of the residential vacuum cleaner is weaker, in comparison with other types of vacuum cleaner.
- When you buy a residential vacuum cleaner, you have an option of buying filter bag and non filter bag options. Both of them have their unique convenience and comfort for you to consider between them.
2. Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
- If you want to buy a vacuum cleaner to dirt off a big place- for example your shops or a large building, you might need to purchase a commercial vacuum cleaner.
- A typical commercial vacuum cleaner has a long cord of about 50 to 60 ft which you can easily bring it around a large area. The motor of a commercial vacuum cleaner is very strong as well. In fact, there are 2 motors running together in a commercial vacuum cleaner– one to control the brushing roll and one to run the cleaner itself. This characteristic makes a commercial vacuum cleaner a very effective model and helps you to clean off a big space in a small amount of time.
- Be prepared to pay a higher price for a commercial vacuum cleaner as it is bigger, has larger capacity and stronger motors.
3. Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Actually, it is more like about the design of a vacuum cleaner rather than the place where you can use it as you can buy this type of vacuum cleaner from both residential and commercial ones.
- The main advantage that you should think about when you decide to buy this type of vacuum cleaner is that it helps you to reach high ceiling and far corners. In addition, when you have limited storage for a vacuum cleaner, an upright model is the best choice since it does not take up a lot of space.
- However, you should consider this type once again as it also has some drawbacks. Since it has a long hose to reach for higher place, it is quite heavy and bulky for you to carry around. Therefore, if you intend to vacuum your stairs, it might be a little bit inconvenient.
4. Wide Area Vacuum Cleaners
When you want to vacuum a large area such as hallways and halls, you should consider this type of vacuum cleaner. It has the same design with other types of cleaners along with a beater brush which is covered the whole length of the vacuum cleaner for extra cleaning in a shorter amount of time.
5. Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaners
- The last model of vacuum cleaner I want to introduce to you is the wet dry vacuum cleaner. Like any other type of cleaners on the market, you would be able to find a very cheap one of about 20 dollars to very expensive one costing about 500 to 600 dollars for you to acquire.
- This type of wet dry vacuum cleaners is produced for both residential use and commercial use. You need to have one vacuum cleaner of this type when you want to perform heavy duty care on some special surface such as metal and leather.
I hope that my article above could be able to provide you a lot of information on different types of vacuum cleaners. After all, you need to take into consideration a lot of things such as the features of a vacuum cleaner, the types of them and your preferences before you can make a decision.
A vacuum cleaner is a very important cleaning appliance that you will use for a long time. That is why you should spend time searching for all of the models available to you and invest a decent amount of money to buy the best one possible.
My name’s Helen Macdonald. In fact, I often ended up with vacuum cleaners which were no good to me. Well, we learn from experience, right? And in fact, my long hours of research and intensive experience of buying and trying out vacuum cleaners have made me gain a wealth of information. I am more than ready to share this information.